A lot of people are now adapting an active and healthy lifestyle, thanks to more affordable and compact home exercise equipment. One usually starts on a treadmill since it is easier and more convenient than most exercise equipments out there. It does give a great cardiovascular workout for anybody. But there are some things one must consider before one will buy treadmill sets. These are some of the more important things to consider:
1. The motor should be strong, a horsepower rating of 2.0 Hp and higher is needed. Anything less than this may not give you the workout that you need. Also, if you have a motor with less than the recommended horsepower rating, it will break down more easily, meaning you have to spend more money on costly repairs. If you are planning to run as well as weigh more than 180 lbs, you should get a stronger motor, 2.5 HP is the minimum.
2. The two-play belt should have the minimum dimensions: 18 inches wide and 48 inches. A shorter belt means a shorter stride, and less comfortable. If you are a tall person, you should buy treadmill sets that has a belt longer than 48 inches.
3. The display panel should be user-friendly. It should show large, easy to read text and numbers. Usually, treadmills show the distance covered, average speed as well as the time elapsed. Some have rotating information, or some show all at the same time. It just depends on the user which is more convenient to him/her.
4. ¼” thickness is required as minimum for the decks. This is to minimize impact injuries on the foot and back. A thicker deck absorbs more shock when it flexes under one’s foot when it already strikes the belt. This means a more effective workout without the drawbacks.
5. Check the warranty on fine print. Many companies offer different warranty services. So better check the fine print to see if you have a good warranty and after-sales service when you buy treadmill sets. The longer and more comprehensive the warranty, the more peace of mind you’ll have.
6. Consider safety features like automatic shut-off. If something gets tangled, you will be safe since the treadmill shuts off. Also, features that prevent children from using the treadmill is also a big plus. Treadmills can also cause accidents if not being used properly.
7. An incline of at least 10 percent is recommended for beginners. You should test the durability and stability of the machine when it is inclined before you buy treadmill sets.
8. You must ensure the capacity of speed of the treadmill you are intending to buy. If you are a walker, you’ll need 5 mph, in case you are a runner, you’ll need 8 to 11 mph. It is advisable to start with lower speed to avoid injury
Above all, you should check if the treadmill fits your budget. This is an investment you are about to make so invest in a good quality treadmill. Also, you have to commit yourself to regular exercise if you intend to buy treadmill sets.